June 8, 2014

I Survived my first year in College!!


Hey Guys! Sorry for not writing since forevvvver ago, but I was truly busy with school. As the title states, I have finished my freshman year of college!!! No more finals and studying for the whole summer! Since I was nervous before I went away to school and looked all over the internet for advice, I thought I should share my experience from my first week and give some advice! So Ill share my experience and quite possible write other posts filled with advice. Good luck to all those who are going to start their first year this coming fall! It will truly be a great experience!

Well first off, I went away for school. I traveled all the way form New York to Florida! Many people thought I was crazy but going away was the best decision I have ever made for my education. I can go on and on about this so i might make a separate post on that. Anyway, I was really nervous when I got there obvs cause I didnt know ANYONE! I can say for myself that I am an awkward person and im not that comfortable with approaching people so this made it 100000x worse. I got settled into my room and formally met my roommate. It was weird at first because she didnt look like she wanted to get to know me. This I can say led to awkward first few days. But we later bonded over a cockroach incident (yay dorm life). My school had us do a whole week of orientation (killll mee) and so I had to stay with my orientation group. I thought that since I was going to spend most of my time with them, I should probably befriend some of them. I talked to this one girl and tried to get to know her. I asked her if she made any friends/hungout with anyone outside of the orientation. Thats when she made it clear to me that she was selective with her friends and basically didnt want to be friends with anyone right off the bat. This was the rudest thing anyone said to me while I was there and leads to awkward moments when I pass by her on campus. Anyways, I started to hangout with my roommate more because it truly sucked being alone. I kinda regret this but ill write about it later on. Hanging with my roommate led me to meet one of my best friends there! So that I dont regret.

All-in-all, the first week was scary, stomach clenching, and pretty awesome. A lot has happened since but it all added to the experience! I will continue writing about college in my next posts so look out for them!
warm thoughts  ~ andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment