February 20, 2013

Currently fave Music artists

Ahh music. Music is one of those things that lets you escape into a world that is all yours. Over the years i have listened to all different kinds of music. I really enjoy most music. unless its those rap songs that just talk about drugs, sex, money and that constantly curse  (sorry!). But for me, a person coping with anxiety disorder, music can help me or break me. I cant really explain it because its more of psychological thing but if i listen to too sad songs i get really anxious. Maybe its me but i usually try to avoid listening to those songs on those particular days.

But anyways, I have currently been listing to The Lumineers, Mumford and Sons, Of Monsters and Men, Marina and the Diamonds, and The Head and the Heart. I have also been liking, get ready for this, thrift shop by Macklemore. Yes i know just say it, but honestly its a fun and easy song that just gets stuck into your head!

The Lumineers are just awesome. Like most people, i found out about them when i saw their video for Ho Hey over the summer. After that i got onto itunes and i bought the album, The Lumineers. I love all of their songs and i cant wait until they put out another album. Favorite songs:
  • Flowers in Your Hair
  • Dead Sea
  • Ho Hey
  • Big Parade
  • Stubborn Love
  • Charlie Boy
         

I have been listening to Mumford and Sons for a while now and my love for them has not faltered. I absolutely LOVE the first album, Sigh No More. At first i thought that they were a bunch of sad songs but over the time i have grown to worship these songs, what a dork. Their second album, Babel, is also great but i haven't "gotten use to" the songs yet. My all time fav songs (in no particular order) are :
  • Awake My Soul
  • Broken Crown
  • The Cave
  • I Will Wait
  • Roll Away Your Stone
  • White Blank Page
  • Sigh No More
  • Thistle & Weeds
       

I really like Of Monsters and Men's songs cause most are uplifting and the beat really appeals to me. They only have one album currently out (for now I hope) called My Head is an Animal. The album is great, once you start listening the beat will get to you and you just want more. I really hope that they put out another album because it will soon be a year since they released their album :( Anyways my favorite songs are:
  • Dirty Paws
  • King and Lionheart
  • Little Talks
  • Six Weeks
     

Marina and the Diamonds is something else. Her songs are mostly upbeat and Pop. She has been around for a while but i recently discovered her over the summer on YouTube (what would i do without YouTube?!). I only have to favorite songs of hers, for now, from her second album, Electra Heart. Her voice sounds a bit like Katy perry and a little tiny bit of lady gaga? I'm not sure but her voice is awesome and girls will love her songs. My favorite songs:
  • Primadonna
  • How to be a Heartbreaker
   

Those are mostly my favorites right now but i definitely listen to all different types of songs. If you have similar interest and want to talk about music don't be shy to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment